What about dog food? Nutrition?
Sample Below … What would you put here?
……. We’ve thought about feeding her less or putting her on a weight control dog food. How can she get back to looking fit?
Dear _________, It’s easy for our snack-loving ______ to pack on the pounds, especially once they are spayed/neutered and don’t need as many calories. Here are the steps to keeping your dog slim and healthy:
1. Continue feeding a normal, high quality dog food, homemade diet or raw diet.
2. Use a correctly sized measuring utensil for portioning each meal (not too large) so everyone involved in feeding your dog can easily give the proper amount.
3. Reduce the amount of food given by only 10-20%. After 2 weeks if your dog is still looking heavy, cut back by another 10%.
4. Cut out all snacks except for one small treat twice a day.
5. Sensibly increase your dog’s exercise time to keep burning calories. (A dog in proper body weight will need slightly more calories after extended periods of exercise)
Evaluate your dog using the Body Condition Chart above!